Hard to believe – but a year has come and gone, and we have returned to the city of San Francisco for the annual RSA Conference.
Brace yourself, this was anything but a “case of the Mondays”
Monday of Conference week was full of fantastic content, and we hope many of you were able to take advantage of everything that happened during the day.
This year’s Cloud Security Alliance Summit welcomed 1,343 of the world leading security experts and cloud providers to discuss global governance, the latest trends in technology, the threat landscape, security innovations, best practices and global governance to help organizations address the new frontiers in cloud security.
The 3rd Annual DevOps Connect: DevSecOps Edition kicked off its two-day series of events focusing on the intersection of security and DevOps. The goal of this event is to allow DevOps and Security practitioners to come together to talk about real world, enterprise level experiences on implementing automation and security into the Software Supply Chain.
As if those two events were not enough, the IAPP hosted “The New Technological Approach to Privacy.” Attendees were provided a full day of content looking into privacy’s future for an understanding about how privacy is best done here in the present day.
Innovation Sandbox Crowns a New Winner
Congratulations to UnifyID who was named “RSAC Most Innovative Startup 2017.” Our panel of venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and large security companies selected UnifyID from a group of 10 finalists as the winner. Past winnersinclude Sourcefire, Imperva and most recently Phantom. Network World recently took a look back at the top 10 of 2016 and ISB Alumni Invincea was recently acquired by Sophos – where will our top 10 be by the end of 2018?
Cybersafety kicks-off in Moscone West
The RSAC CyberSmart Parents Education Workshop "The Always-On Generation and the Evolving Digital Landscape" provided an overview to parents and caregivers on how to best support and secure their child’s online activities. Throughout the week, attendees will be able to look at the issues children and teens are experiencing and discuss topics such as emotional responses to social media, sexting, impact on sleep and how to manage online reputations.
New to RSAC in 2017
Whether it is your first or 26th RSA Conference, there are a lot of new items this year we think you will find interesting:
- The RSA Conference Security Operations Center (SOC) – This year, we’re giving attendees an up-close look at a fully functioning Security Operations Center. Sponsored by RSA and Cisco AMP Threat Grid, the RSA Conference SOC (located in the Upper Moscone North Lobby) will be monitoring traffic on the Moscone wireless network in real time.
- Reserve a Seat – Finally! Reserve a Seat lets you conveniently enroll online for most of your preferred sessions. Just sign up at least an hour before the session begins, and as long as you’re in line 10 minutes prior to its start, you’re guaranteed a spot! With many of our sessions filling up fast, we not only strongly recommend you use Reserve a Seat to ensure attendance, but also you do so as early as possible. Be sure to keep an eye for changing room locations throughout the week.
- Expanded Campus – RSA Conference is growing! Please keep a close eye to our agenda as content will now be found in Moscone North, South, West and the nearby Marriott Marquis.
- More Learning Labs – Learning Labs offer in-depth learning and high interactivity before, during and after the Conference. The two-hour Labs target senior security information practitioners (10+ years). Attendees can now choose from 16 of these interactive sessions ranging from a live cyber-exercises to a deep dive into infosec strategy.
Looking ahead to the rest of the week
- Addition of the Early Stage Expo – RSA Conference has always been committed to providing opportunities for the next generation of cybersecurity innovators. So for 2017, we are excited to announce RSAC Early Stage Expo, a new space in the Marriott Marquis where you can meet with emerging startups and discover new solutions from these up and coming companies.
- Introduction of RSAC AdvancedU – This exciting new series of educational programs offered by RSA Conference teaches cyber-awareness for children, provides outreach to college students to introduce and encourage a career in information security, and supports education throughout the various stages of a career within the industry. Stay tuned throughout the week for updates from our security scholars.
Heard in the Press Room
- Government Matters: Event Spotlight: RSA Conference Public Sector Day
- Dark Reading: 'Shock And Awe' Ransomware Attacks Multiply
- Tech Target: CSA: Custom applications creating new 'shadow cloud' risks